Wifey Wednesday.

Aksel and I relaxing in the sunshine on the
"10minute deck" I had him help me install
this past weekend.


This week my lovely hubby decided to tune in to Blogger Beth. He asked me last night which day he gets to see my "wife shoes." So Wifey Wednesday it is! 
Wife work boots.
       Aksel and I have been married for more than 7 years. It will be 8 in September. I can't say that I knew what I was getting into back then, despite the fact that we had been in a relationship for 5 years prior to our wedding! Please don't take that to mean that we have had a tough road. It has been a fun ride, sure with some bumps along the way, but over all, I could not have chosen a better partner for the journey. So, which shoes in my collection best represent that side of me? I'm picking work boots today. Old, well worn, and with a touch of dirt from all the hard work we do together. 
       I feel like these are the best shoes to wear when I mean business. They were my 'whip crackin' pair this weekend when we were working on a few odds and ends projects. And without a doubt, the look of them as comfortable, and well loved really fits how I feel as a wife. We have a long way to go together, and I have a lot to learn as a wife I'm sure (right babe?). But for now, this look suits me, all skinny jeans and cowgirled up.
       I figured I would take to being a wife just like I thought I'd take to being a mother...natural but willing to let loose the reins when the relationship matured enough to manage itself. Just like I thought I would get to be an independent woman again when my children were grown, I assumed that being a wife would wax and wane in that independent sense as well. Don't ask me how that was going to go, but I figured I could manage to start up some things in life on my own as would my husband. Being fairly young in the marriage game, I am finding that we don't get much freedom from the partnership, nor do we really crave it much. Perhaps it is because we are called to be co-parents which keeps us fairly close, or maybe it is because most of the days we actually enjoy each other's company. Either way, I feel like a 'natural' wife, though I can't say I let my reins go slack too often. 

       Now being that these are not the most attractive wife shoes, and because there are plenty of times in our marriage that I do more than nag my husband like the stubborn mule he can be, I should probably show you the other side of the wife shoes. 

A little sassy, a little sexy, definitely not for all audiences, these legs and ankles (gasp) make it out in heels a few times a year to show off as arm-candy wife as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the things that go unsaid

In a Yellow Wood

I Burned Your Condolence Card