Ambivalence




I thought I could be ready.

To 'cross that bridge'

To 'weather that storm'


Enough time has passed,

My fill of heartache endured,

Now a new love could form. 


Hesitant, unsteady, the path so unsure, 

Cautious and tempered in each intimation.

Awareness creeps in, a chill to the core,

A silent heart denies love's formation. 


The want of a life, 

Return to before, is no longer the desired destination. 

The "should be", the rote, 

Patterned choices in my past, now a questionable proclamation.


"You are naive and unprepared."

"You have no need to explore."

"Stop here," my mind stalls. 


That bridge will have to wait, 

Would I survive another storm? 

I back away as uncertainty calls. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the things that go unsaid

Sit in the Silence

I Burned Your Condolence Card